Thursday, February 27, 2014

Training the Spring



A year in the Green household can be divided into two parts: baseball season and the off season. Now I do realize that there are actually four seasons in our neck of the woods and trust me, we are all fully aware of winter.

We are over the winter.

No more winter.

Please.

As I was saying, two seasons. Andy jumped into the start of baseball a few weeks ago when he left for Phoenix to start spring training. We debated going with him but I wanted the girls to stick to their routines and be in school for as long as possible before we left in April for the start of the regular season.

The four days they've been in class the past three weeks have been very productive.

Do you hear me winter? ENOUGH.

It's at this point that I feel I should take responsibility for something. This past fall my friend Courtney told me that she heard from her neighbor's chiropractor's yoga instructor that all the dark woolly worms we had crawling around were a sign of impending doom bad winter weather to come.

The yogis know, people. The yogis know.

Anyhoo, the dark woolly worms.

I ran over one in our driveway.

And I think it made Elsa very angry.

Theretofore,

woolly warm + large vehicle = crushed pile of black fuzz

which leads us to

hostile Elsa

which then leads us to impending doom

horrific weather.

I know what you're thinking,

it's so weird that I got such poor grades in college algebra.

All I can say is I am the cause to your winter effect.

And I apologize.

Also, I have a plan. It's a very selfless plan, one that I am sure will bring warm weather back to Kentucky.

We're going to Arizona.

You are so welcome.

It's the least I could do.

Now if you wouldn't mind saying a prayer for my little girls. They are extremely excited to see their Daddy but they have never flown before. Lainey has, but she was too young to remember. So be thinking of us, early thirty Saturday morning as we hit the friendly skies in a giant tube of recycled air that's hurdling through the stratosphere at 500 miles per hour.

Someone mentioned to me that if they can handle the car wash then flying should be easy peasy.


I'm gonna need to pack more snacks......

1 comment: